Sunday, May 29, 2011

i-cord for my i-pod

I just recently discovered i-cords. Or I should rather say: I just recently learned how to knit i-cords without a knitting spool and that this type of cord is called i-cord... I had a knitting spool (Strickliseli, as we call it in Swiss German) when I was a child and I don't know how many meters of cord I produced. So when I discovered this awesome tutorial on ravelry, I was thrilled. It only took me 2 or 3 hours to knit it up and it gives a sort of vintage feel to my earbuds - which is a great match with my vintage i-pod;-).

2 comments:

  1. Phildar has a mechanical Strickliesel/knitting spool which which you can make super long cords very quickly. The French magazine, Marie Claires Idees had an article on it a few years ago showing all sorts of things you cold make from the cord such as knitting with it on super big needles, shoes laces etc. I love this idea too!

    ReplyDelete