Friday, June 12, 2009

Sweater Refashioning

I have to give full credit to my sister for the idea as well as thank her for the material that I used to make this scarf. She wanted to get rid of two of her sweaters and I gladly took them. I put them in a box under my bed and forgot about them. When I rediscovered them yesterday and wanted to put them in my cupboard, I realized that I simply didn't need two more V-neck sweaters.... I suddenly remembered a scarf that my sister had made from two of her favorite t-shirts that she couldn't bear to throw away even though they had several holes. I figured that this would be a good solution for the poor sweaters and I cut them in squares, stiched these together to a long tube by hand (see detail picutre). I'm pretty happy with the outcome and since it was raining today, I could already wear my new scarf.

Der Dank für diesen Schal gebührt vollumfänglich meiner Schwester: sie hat mich einerseits inspiriert und andererseits stammt auch das Rohmaterial von ihr. Sie hat mir diese beiden Pullover bei meinem letzten Besuch gegeben und ich dachte, dass die eigentlich ideal für die kühlen Sommer in San Francisco sind. Als ich sie dann gestern endlich aus der Kiste unter dem Bett in den Schrank räumen wollte, habe ich realisiert, dass ich definitv nicht noch zwei weitere Sommerpullis brauche... Plötzlich habe ich mich an einen Schal erinnert, den Liliane aus zwei alten T-Shirts gemacht hatte, von denen sie sich trotz Löchern nicht trennen mochte. Ich habe also die Pullis in Vierecke geschnitten, und die Teile von Hand zu einem langen Schlauch zusammengenäht (siehe Detailfoto). Zum Glück hats heute geregnet, so konnte ich den Schal gleich anziehen:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment